Friday, October 13, 2006

Searching for Vision

Our church family here in Porto Alegre, Brazil is searching for a vision from the Lord. On September 24th we challenged the leaders and hosts of our Growth Groups to fast and pray about the future of this family for 40 days (picking specific days of the week to fast - not fasting for the entire 40 days).

We have been feeling a deep burden to change our focus and reach out to this city in a more powerful, impacting way. The American missionaries working with this church family believe that the Lord has already blessed us with a very specific vision. We are anxious about following this call of the Holy Spirit. We are praying that this 40 days of fasting and praying for a vision will call our members to the same vision we already have. We want to be a family "agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose." (Philippians 2:2, NLT)

I know that the Lord will unify us through this 40 days of vision searching. We ask you to be praying for us and our unity in the Holy Spirit. Please pray that the Lord would touch all of us and bring us to the same place in vision and hope for this church family and this city.

I have been convicted to separate myself from my computer and from tv for the next 7 days. I am excited about this fast because I know that the Lord will bless the times that I normally "surf" to grow my relationship with Him! My prayer is that this fast will be a way for me to be more productive in my searching after God and His purposes for me and this family.

I ask for prayers of strength, peace, courage, conviction and protection for our church family. We have already seen many attacks from the evil one because we are recognizing the presence and leading of the Holy Spirit. If you feel a burden upon your hearts to fast and pray with us we welcome you with open and loving arms.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and encouragement. Know that we are praying for you too!

1 comment:

ella said...

Firstly, I must commend you on your wonderful site...showing beautiful Porto Alegre..I, however have yet to experience it's wonder..but I know of the events..childrens day etc..I in many ways live in both worlds..in heart,mind and spirit in poa, but live in the uk, I have been in a loving but sometimes 'DIFFICULT' relationship for over three years with a wonderful man from POA it is a bazarre and wonderful tail..yet to be told..I also have friends from Denver who work for Billy Graham who also travel as missionaries,it is truly wonderful what you do...

god bless you