Monday, June 30, 2008

Prayer for the Weary

In a world full of muck, it is my prayer and hope to use the internet to share the prayer that is on my heart for my brother in Jesus Christ, Claudio. I haven't planned this prayer. I am simply allowing the Spirit to open my heart as I share his struggles on this post. Please join with me in lifting Claudio and his family up to the Father...

O Holy Father,
Almighty Giver of all things. I thank you for the avenue of prayer. I thank you for the opportunity that you give your children to come to you with praise and request. My heart is heavy for my brother Claudio, Father. I see how weary he has become. I see how exhausted he is: physically, mentally and spiritually. I ask you Lord, in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, to release Claudio from his burdens. I know that as people pray this prayer that most will not know or understand Claudio's situation. They won't understand that he needs to be fired from his job. They may not understand that he will benefit, his family will benefit, from his being fired. Regardless of understanding or lack of understanding I ask you, Father, to hear the cries on Claudio's behalf. Hear the cry of your people on behalf of your struggling son. He loves you, Lord. He wants to honor and glorify you with all he has. He wants to give his home that he is working so hard to keep for the growth of your Kingdom. He wants to raise his daughters to be strong, productive, Christian women. He wants to honor and cherish his wife. He wants to see your Family grow in and around Porto Alegre and throughout the world. Please lift this man up from his despair. Please raise him up to be a mighty warrior in your Kingdom. May he not be a victim of Satan's schemes. Instead, let him bring light to the darkness. I ask you to bind those who persecute Claudio and his family. Don't allow them to open their mouths if they wish to speak evil and bring him down. Fill him with joy and comfort and peace in knowing that he will overcome with you leading the way. I ask you to reveal whatever lesson you may want to teach him through this difficult time. I pray that he would be submissive to whatever you may be trying to tell him or teach him. I pray that he would be led by your Spirit in all things.

Father, I ask you in faith to fire him from his job and put him in a much better situation. You have power of all people and all things. You can fire him as I write this. I beg you to fire him! Father, I ask you to surround your servant Claudio with people who love him. Encourage him with visits from his brothers and sisters in Christ. Lift him up and keep and protect him from any excuse that Satan can put in his heart to be angry and dejected. Fill him with joy. Give him the strength to share the joy of Christ with those who are persecuting him. I ask you to bless your servant and honor his requests.

I ask you to hear and bless this prayer in the power name of Jesus Christ. Thank you, Abba Father. Thank you. Amen.

1 comment:

Matt said...

It's interesting how many of us really need to be "fired" in one way or another. May Claudio, you, and the other brothers and sisters be ready to recognize each one's role in obeying Christ in this.