Monday, March 10, 2008

Anniversary at the Waterfall House Church

Yesterday we celebrated our 4th anniversary of our arrival in Brazil with a little house church trip. We combined with another house church and went to a small town about an hour and a half away from Porto Alegre. The purpose of this trip was to escape the city and enjoy the nature that the Lord has blessed us with. In English the name of this town is "Two Brothers" (or Dois Irmãos). It is pretty well known in these parts for the magnificent waterfalls that are nearby. I believe there are 5 large waterfalls in all.

We had a great time of fellowship and devotion to the Lord. I really needed this time to take a step back and reflect on the Lord's provisions in my life. Believe it or not I was able to really focus on what the Lord is calling me to as I jumped off the waterfalls several times.

The Lord amazed me with the power of the waterfalls and the beauty of His nature yesterday. I must have seen 10 different species of butterflies. The trees and the rocks and the water all demonstrated God's power and His artistic hand. I can't wait to get back to the falls and reflect on His majesty as I fling myself off a 20+ foot drop!

Looking for a good spot to make "the jump".

I was able to land a couple of "can openers" that made decent splashes (from what I heard).

This is me and Tiago (James) taking a plunge together!


No comments: