Tuesday, March 18, 2008

No. 31

Sunday was my 31st birthday. One thing that is great about birthdays is that you can (and should) spend them with people that you are close to. I don't really care for the big bash. Instead I prefer to invite just a couple of families to have a little fun. On Saturday (the day before my birthday) we had over the Blume family (teammates), our friends Milton & Juliana and their kids (2 girls and a baby boy) and Dani (her husband couldn't make it) and her little girl Ana Luisa (Elisa's good buddy). I grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and we had a banana split buffet for the desert. It was a lot of fun for everyone. Later, Jennifer and I reflected on the day and it was a really good day. A blessing in fact!

Above: Dani, Milton & Juliana partake of the hamburgers and hotdogs.
Below: Kevin, Benay, Bronwyn & Jennifer converse while Elisa and Carys come to break things up!


Sunday (on my actual birthday) we went out to Claudio and Rute's house for worship and a Bible study. Afterward, Jennifer took me out to the Outback Steakhouse for lunch - it was great! Then we made it back home in time for our 2nd house church. By the end of the day we were feeling a little blah from all the food, but it was really good. Benay Blume gave me a plate of homemade cinnamon rolls, which we took care of with a candle lit in it! We ended the day with opening presents and cards. It was a lot of fun.

Elisa's birthday card to me...


that she decided she wanted to wear. Check out her arm!


We miss our families and friends in the states on days like these, but it is special to be able to share experiences with people that we have grown close to in Brazil. These special occasions build a bond that can be strengthened some day through the blood of Christ. We want our friends to know the Lord on a deeper, intimate level. Please pray that we have the wisdom and strength to be their friends as Jesus would be.

No comments: