Friday, July 18, 2008

The Heat

Last month I wrote a post about the cold we experience in Porto Alegre during the winter (June through August). You could say that I even complained about it. Sometimes it is pretty difficult to endure.

However, all residents of our part of the world have been pretty surprised about the drastic change and consistency of the weather for the last couple of weeks. I would estimate that it has been anywhere from 75 to 85 degrees during that time span. This is extremely odd. It has the look and feel of summer. Practically everyone is outside walking or running for exercise; parks are full of people; and swimming pools aren't such a nuisance to clean!

It started to cool down a little today and we expect it to stay in the 60s over the next few days. I don't know about Global Warming, but this kind of crazy heat really makes me scratch my head.

Anyway, I thought that I would keep any loyal readers in the loop on interesting stuff like the weather. Stay tuned, I expect to have more to write about in the very near future... maybe my favorite elevator tunes!

No comments: