Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wild at Heart Study

The Men's ministry closed out our "Wild at Heart" study this last weekend (Sept. 22nd). It was our 2nd 10-week study this year. There are a lot of wonderful and deeply spiritual things going on in the hearts of the men who have been participating in our studies. I am pleased and feel so blessed that the Lord has put it on my heart to work with the men in this capacity.

In the coming weeks we will have our 2nd Men's Retreat. Our focus will be on Spiritual Warfare (what it is and how to fight in it). I have high expectations that the Lord will do some amazing things for us and to us.

Please pray for this upcoming retreat (October 19-20). Pray for a good number of participants and for their hearts to be touched through the messages and activities.

Please also pray for the Lord to raise up a Brazilian to take more of an active role in the next study. I have been praying that a Brazilian would step into the role that I have had as facilitator and coordinator of the studies. I really want to work someone into this role as I work myself out of it.

I thank you in advance for your many prayers and your support of the work in Porto Alegre. I hope you enjoy these photos of the churrasco (Brazilian bbq) we had, ending this most recent study.

Renato, Lauro & Matt look on as Regis (far right) prepares the various types beef for our lunch.

Elisa was very interested in the workings of a good Brazilian churrasco.

Elisa and the guys wait for the meat!

No comments: